By default postfix only capture ‘From’ and ‘To’ details in the log file (/var/log/maillog). There are some scenarios where we want that email’s subject should be capture in the maillog. In this article we will discuss how to achieve this :
We are assusming that postfix is already up and running and will make below changes.
Step:1 Edit ‘/etc/postfix/main.cf’ file & uncomment below line:
#header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
Step:2 Append the below line in ‘/etc/postfix/header_checks’
Step:3 Restart the postfix server
#service postfix restart
Step:4 Now do testing and send a test mail & see the logs
As we can see above , that info user has send email to gmail id with the subject "Linux Interview Call Details" .
Now see the maillogs using the command 'tailf /var/log/maillog'
- Top 15 SSH Server interview Questions & Answers
- Linux/UNIX Awk Command Tutorial with Examples
- Xen hypervisor: Assign Virtual Disk to a Virtual Machine
- 20 Postfix Interview Questions & Answers
- Space utilization by .nfs entries under NFS
- Linux FTP (vsftpd) Interview Questions & Answers
- Disable reboot using Ctrl-Alt-Del Keys in RHEL / CentOS
- How to configure chroot SFTP in Linux