System Admins who had worked on Windows Operating system, surely they have used putty software to ssh UNIX like systems. When they are migrated to Ubuntu Desktop , they might require putty to manage their UNIX boxes.
PuTTY is the most popular Windows SSH client. It supports flexible terminal setup, mid-session reconfiguration using Ctrl-rightclick, multiple X11 authentication protocols, and various other interesting things not provided by ssh in an xterm.
In this article we will go through installations steps of putty in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Step:1 Issue the below Command to install Putty
# sudo apt-get install putty
Open the Synaptic Package Manager , search putty as shown below :
Click on putty Select 'Mark for Installation' option & then click on apply.
Step:2 Now Access the Putty SSH Client :
Click on PuTTY SSH Client
Enter Remote Server's IP Address or Hostname.
Click On Accept , then it will ask for User Name & Password as shown below :
- How To install FileZilla in Ubuntu 14.04
- PlayOnLinux – Install windows Software & games in Ubuntu
- Install MPlayer (Multimedia software) in Ubuntu Linux
- youtube-dl – download Youtube videos from linux command Line
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) Installation Guide with Screenshots
- Mount Google drive in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu Linux : Install latest version of Google Chrome
- How to configure chroot SFTP in Linux